Tuesday, April 5, 2016

I'm Not Strong Enough To Be a Mom Today!

I needed a moment yesterday.
You know what I’m talking about, one of those lock yourself in the bathroom and eat the potty training M&M’s moments.  Unfortunately I’m not potty training anyone at the moment, and I’ve completely eliminated sugar from my diet.
So instead yesterday I shoved ear-buds in my ears and started listening to my new Pandora station.  I just needed a minute to tune out the chaos around me, just  a minute.
I was waving a white surrender flag, and I had given up on being a mom. Taking a minute to yourself is fine but I had completely surrendered to my grumpiness that had been caused by the three sinful human beings in my care, who don’t know any better yet.  They were just being kids.

  • Facebook
    0
  • Twitter
    0
  • Google+
    0
  • Pinterest
    0
  • Print Friendly
    0
Then I heard these lyrics:
You are my strength when I am weak, You are the treasure that I seek, You are my all in all
Seeking You like a precious jewel, Lord, to give up I’d be a fool, You are my all in all
Conviction washed over me.  Motherhood is HARD and every moment we must depend on the Lord, but what really convicted me was the fact that I have given up on serving my children for a moment, and thereby I was giving up on serving Christ.
Reading the Bible, and praying aren’t the only way we seek Jesus.

As moms we seek Jesus with every sibling squabble we tend to, every runny nose we wipe, and every mess we clean up.

There is no higher calling than serving Jesus, by serving our families.  There will be times we want to wave the white flag, but we’d be fools if we give up.
The family is under attack by Satan.  I’m not talking about anything political either.  What I am talking about is that if we as parents walk out the love of Christ on a daily basis in our homes, if we serve Christ by serving our families with a joyful heart, then our children will be far more likely to choose Christ for themselves when they’re old enough.
We’d be fools to give up, the cost is too great.  When things get to hard remember:
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!