Modesty is Important
Is N*dity In Classic Art Okay (And Link Up)
Should Christians Wear Bathing Suits at All?
Immodest Women are Mean
It's funny most Christian women agree, modesty is important everyone just seems to have a different definition. I'll reiterate what I said yesterday, God doesn't want us to sin, I truly believe if we genuinely seek God in this matter He will show us what is modest and what is not. Our clothing is important to Him, and removing sin from our lives is important to him as well.
My series took a surprising turn after receiving some very unkind comments. I appreciate how many people reached out to me, in real life and cyber space. My mother and sister both offered to beat someone up for me, jokingly of course, and a woman from church who reads my blog pulled me aside and told me the sweetest thing. I even had one cyber friend e-mail me directly just to make sure that the offending comment I mentioned wasn't her's. It wasn't, but it blessed my heart.
So with great trepidation here are my final thoughts on modesty and I'll even attempt to open up the comments.
- Dressing modestly doesn't mean you're a "Super Christian." (Proverbs 31:30)
- Dressing modestly doesn't mean you've got everything else in your life figured out, just your clothes. (1 Peter 3:3-4)
- Dressing modestly doesn't mean you've arrived spiritually. You still might struggle with anger, worry, or a hundred other sinful things. (Proverbs 11:22)
- Women who dress modestly shouldn't look down their nose on those who don't but........
- Christian women shouldn't be afraid to take a stand for dressing modestly. (1 Timothy 2:8-10)
- Dressing modestly isn't just about skirt length, not wearing or wearing slacks, or embracing the newest fashion trend.
- Dressing modestly is about seeking God and desiring to honor Him through our clothing. (1Corinthians 10:31)
- Dressing modestly is about honoring and respecting our husbands (or father's for those unmarried) wishes in how we clothe our-self.
- Dressing modestly is about keeping private that which is sacred, and being kind to the men around us by not causing them to stumble. (Matthew 5:28)
- Dressing modestly................................. (Now it's your turn to fill in the blank)
I'm okay with differing views but just so you know, if your comment even starts to seem a little unkind, it will be deleted before I even finish reading it, so please don't bother. Also, please remember I and anyone who comments are real people that exist in real life. An unkind word can hurt, a lot, please be kind.
Will you learn along with me? Let's encourage one another.