Friday, May 25, 2012

Immodest Women are Mean



Posts In This Series
Modesty is Important
Is N*dity In Classic Art Okay (And Link Up)
Should Christians Wear Bathing Suits at All?
Immodest Women are Mean
Dressing Modestly Is....... (If you only read one post read this one)



So Yesterday I got a really mean comment, I mean really mean.  I've gotten rude comments before but this one went beyond attacking my belief system (that's fair game).  I've made the mistake of typing something in the heat of the moment before, but this comment was more than someone typing something in the heat of the moment it was calculated and cruel. It attacked me, my family, and my marriage.

The comment however did do one thing it underscored, why  I am doing this series.

Based on what this woman wrote I can only conclude she was a non-Christian.  Amid descriptive vulgarities, her comment came down to this:

"I wear my clothes (swimsuit) so men (like your husband) will lust after me."

This woman, however mean she was, get's it.  She understands that her clothing has the power to draw eyes and make men desire and lust after her, including other women's husbands!

Dressing this way to entice men is just plain mean.  It's mean to the men because the provocative dress is causing them to sin; and it's even meaner to their wives because their relationship is being robbed of purity and oneness when another person enters into her husband's thoughts.

Ladies, God doesn't want other men to sin when they look at you, and He doesn't want you to inadvertently be sinful because of what your wearing.  I truly believe if you earnestly seek this matter in prayer and study God will lead your modesty standards if you're willing to listen and change if needed.

I love long skirts and wear them most often but  I don't always wear them.  I'd like to think however  if God convicted my heart I would make the switch instantly.

We shouldn't choose our clothing to please men, we should choose it to please God.


I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
1 Timothy 2:8-10


This post didn't "go" where I wanted it to today so I'll be wrapping up my series on modesty next week, I hope you'll join me.

I've disabled commenting on these posts.....sigh some people, I've cried too much yesterday and today from personal attacks on my marriage and appearance.   I'm not playing the game any more.  It truly breaks my heart.  If this post has been a blessing to you since you can't comment would you mind sharing it via one of the buttons below?


Will you learn along with me? Let's encourage one another.
I'd love for you to sign up for e-mail updates or follow me on Facebook.
And to see the lovely places where I link click here.  

Photobucket

No comments: