Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What Can Separate Us From the Love of God?



My favorite passage of scripture has been the same since before I was a teenager.  In fact I can tell you down to the month when it became my favorite passage.  Our church was going through some turmoil at the time, and since my father was the pastor it also meant my family was going through some turmoil as well.

This passage is so much like and old friend, it's more beloved than my favorite novel, and more comforting than any other words I have ever read in my life.

For years it has been where I've turned in my times of distress.  It provides perspective it provides hope.

To me the written word is a beautiful thing in general, but the Written Word of God is simply awe inspiring.  What a blessing that we may read and memorize these words.

What a blessing that they can be tucked in the corners of our hearts for our times of trouble.  Many have tried to destroy, subvert, and ignore but the Word of God has remained the same.


I love hearing from you.  Leave a comment (just click on the post title if you don't see the comments at the bottom) and tell me what your favorite passage of scripture is.


What shall we then say to these things? 
If God be for us, who can be against us? 
 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all,
 how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 
 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect?
 It is God that justifieth. 

Who is he that condemneth?
 It is Christ that died, 
yea rather, that is risen again, 
who is even at the right hand of God, 
who also maketh intercession for us. 

 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? 
shall tribulation, or distress, 
or persecution, or famine,
 or nakedness, or peril, or sword?


For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels,
nor principalities, nor powers, 
nor things present, nor things to come, 
Nor height, nor depth, 
nor any other creature, 
shall be able to separate us
 from the love of God, 
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:31-35, 38-39


Will you learn along with me? Let's encourage one another.
I'd love for you to sign up for e-mail updates or follow me on Facebook.
And to see the lovely places where I link click here.  

Photobucket