Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Most Popular eBook

I've been doing a lot of book promotion since finishing "The ABC's of Freezer Cooking" and it's always exciting to see a few sales.   I definitely not an eBook Juggernaut so my definition of a "few" sales literally means just a few.  But it's still exciting nonetheless.

What breaks my heart though is out of every eBook I've written by far the one that I've given the way the most and sold the most of it "Honoring a Child Born to Heaven."  Whenever I go to Amazon to see what my royalties will be for the month I think, "Yea! I've made $20," only to realize that most of those royalties meant a mother who was grieving bought my book.

If one in four pregnancies end in miscarriage, that's a lot of women who've dealt with loss.  What's more I heard on the radio this week that one third of American women have had abortions.  I've never found the exact statistic but it seems like almost everyone woman is in some way touched by pregnancy loss.

I know the desperate feeling after a miscarriage searching the internet to find other women who know the same loss.  I know the feelings that are so private you have no desire to discuss them with others.

I wrote the book to be a blessing to others and I'm so glad others are being blessed.  I just wish it didn't have to be this way.  I wish there wouldn't be a need for a book like this.  I wish I never knew the pain first hand so I could have written a book like this.

One final thought and I'll be done with my ramblings for the day.  eBook sales do help bring needed income to my family, but if you would like a copy of "Honoring a Child Born to Heaven" and can't afford to purchase one please just contact me and I'll be happy to send you one.  My goal is to bless others so they can be a blessing themselves.

Will you learn along with me? Let's encourage one another.
I'd love for you to sign up for e-mail updates or follow me on Facebook.
And to see the lovely places where I link click here.