Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Counting My Blessings Instead Of Complaining

I have no idea how this month got so busy.  It's as if every time I turn around every spare moment is spoken for.  Amid the busyness it's been so easy for me to get discouraged.  I needed to get in a better frame of mind this morning so I went to youtube to listen to "Counting Your Blessings" sung by Bing Crosby.

So it's with his smooth mellow voice in the background that I write this post.

My blessings:



  • Purple watermelon and heart pants with a red Dora the Explorer shirt, askew buttons and a very proud 4 year old who dressed herself.
  • The Dora doll being potty trained by my 2 year old.
  • My one year old playing catch with his daddy.
  • A little extra income coming in through Fiverr and one of my barbie's selling on ebay.
  • Finding a Christian health care company and being able to save $400 a month on health care expenses. 
  • Being asked by the woman at this company if there was anyway she could pray for my family before she let me go and listening to the song "I love You Lord" while on hold.
  • Watching my little girls sing and dance.
  • Watching my baby turn into a little boy.
  • Being able to actually listen to 2 sermons on Sunday and a really good one on the way to work on Monday morning.
  • Enjoying a warm cup of coffee as soon as I finish this blog post ; )
What are your blessings today?  Just click on the post title to comment.
(Note the link to Medishare is a referral link, if you like what you see and decide to purchase their health care then we would both get a gift card.)


Now it's time for the linkup.  Because of spammers I am requiring a link back.  All you need to do is have the link to http://www.lessonsfromivy.com somewhere in your post or main page.  Anything encouraging.







Will you learn along with me? Let's encourage one another.
I'd love for you to sign up for e-mail updates or follow me on Facebook.
And to see the lovely places where I link click here.  

Photobucket