Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Beagle's Adventure

So this is what happened today:

My dog has the adventure of his life, an ordinary woman becomes a hero, and I loose almost all my hair.

My Beagle today discovered today he could push open our gate with his nose. So like any self-respecting hound dog he decided to go for a walk.

It was 2 and a half hours later when I  discovered the dumb, stupid, precious dog  was missing.  We live on a busy street, and his collar didn't have his tags on it.  (I know stupid of me.)

I'm not sure if I was more irritated that the dog got out or that it interfered with everyone's nap-time.  But since the precious poochie is dear to my children I get my 2 year old up from her nap, and shove the 3 kids in the car.

The entire time my oldest is asking, "Where's Monk? Where's Monk?"  I tell her to pray that God helps us find him and keeps him safe.  But I wondered how in the world we'd get him back.  I kept praying that someone would find him, and that somehow they'd figure out that we were the owners and contact us.

A mile radius drive around the house, help from my mother and sister, a hike in the woods behind our house, we give in to the fact that there's no finding him walking about.  So we start tacking up signs.

All the while this is going on my girls are praying things like, "Dear God, please help our beagle."  and "Dear God keep Monk safe."  and I'm wondering how on earth I will explain to them that puppy is gone for good if God doesn't answer their prayers.

It was no more than 2 minutes after we put up a sign in our front yard that a friend of the woman who found our dog drove by our house.  She immediately called her friend who recently found a slightly overweight beagle, who then called my husband's cell.

The woman  HERO who found our adventurous little puppy pulled over to the side of the road to catch him after watching him almost get hit by not one but several cars.  Normally my dog doesn't come when called but lucky for her he was sniffing road-kill at the time and she was able to catch him.

If she hadn't stopped our little adventurer would have probably not made it very long on our main road.  Praise the Lord she was a dog lover.  Not only did she stop and catch him but she took him to a vet to see if he had a microchip and posted an add on Craig's list to try and find us.

Despite being incredibly annoyed with our Marco Polo right now, our family does love the little guy, the kids especially.  And quite honestly I can't stay mad because, God is now more real to my children than ever.  Their beloved beagle was lost, and God answered their prayers.  God kept the little guy safe and returned him to us.

I'm so grateful for the woman who found him, and so grateful for how God worked.  God is real, and now because of today's adventure, my children believe it a little more.


Will you learn along with me? Let's encourage one another.
I'd love for you to sign up for e-mail updates or follow me on Facebook.
And to see the lovely places where I link click here.  

Photobucket