Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Why I Stay at Home


Living on only one full-time income isn't always easy.  There are moments when I envy things that we'd be able to afford if we had two incomes, but just aren't in the budget right now.

Finances aside, staying at home with three little kids isn't always easy either.  There are days when I literally stare at the clock for the last 15 minutes until my husband get's home.  There are days when I'm so exhausted I literally take a nap the moment he comes from the door.

Emotionally, physically, and financially, it's not always easy to be a stay at home mom.  So why the sacrifice?

Because........

Today I left the room for a moment and when I came back my 2 year old, who has up until recently barely tolerated her 9 month old baby brother, was tickling him.  They were both giggling hysterically.  And as she continued to tickle him, she said, "I love you," before they started crawling around and chasing each other.

I also watched as my 3 year old pretended to read the story of Esther from her toddler Bible.  She narrated the whole thing based on pictures.

My hearts melt for moments like these, and I remember why I make the sacrifice, and why I stay at home.



Will you learn along with me? Let's encourage one another.
I'd love for you to sign up for e-mail updates or follow me on Facebook.
And to see the lovely places where I link click here.