Monday, July 30, 2012

Vacation Bible School Changes Lives and Link Up

Summer is nearing an end and that can only mean one thing VBS.  The week out of the summer that everyone loves and hates.  I saw someone post this on their Facebook page a few weeks ago, "Is it okay if I don't love VBS? Just kidding, not really."

I completely understand, and I'm the VBS director!  In fact I'm absolutely drained already and VBS doesn't start until next week. It's exhausting, it takes a lot of planning, but it changes lives.  And not just the lives of children, but their families as well.

I started thinking about one particular family in our church.  The kids came to our church the first time during VBS a few years ago, and then not only did they start coming to church, but their family, and then their extended family.  It was like revival broke out in their lives all because their kids came to a VBS week.

It's tiring, my children's schedules will be thrown off, and it will be a hard week, but God will use it.  And I can't wait to see what happens this year.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Now for the link up, anything encouraging.  I always enjoy reading your posts.








Will you learn along with me? Let's encourage one another.
I'd love for you to sign up for e-mail updates or follow me on Facebook.
And to see the lovely places where I link click here.  

Photobucket