Monday, July 23, 2012

Enough is Enough No More Cyber Bullying!



I'd like to take a moment to remind all of cyber space that when you post a comment on a YouTube video, blog post, Facebook page, Twitter account, or news articles that there is a real person on the other end, and that that real person has very real feelings.  

We see a lot about cyber bullying on the news with teenagers, but what you don't see is the fact adults are JUST AS GUILTY.  

It may seem like you're doing the world a favor by commenting on a video and telling a 14 year old girl that she needs voice lessons but I guarantee you she'll take it to heart and probably start crying.

You may be 100% convinced and convicted of your belief system but that does not give you the right to ruin someone's day by calling them a moron, ingrate, idiot, or any other name that strikes your fancy.

I'm not sure what kick some people get by insulting others anonymously.  Quite frankly it's cowardly.  I realize that this is a Christian blog, and that non-Christians will disagree with my convictions.  I am Okay with that!  But insulting me, my husband, children, marriage etc. etc. is just plain hurtful.  

I shouldn't need to grow thick skin just so someone else can behave badly.

I love what Connie from Smockity Frocks says on this today on her blog.  It's unfortunate that civil discussions seem so hard on the internet.


Since my comments are disabled and probably will remain that way for awhile, if you'd like to encourage me please sign up for e-mail updates or follow me on Facebook.