Monday, June 25, 2012

Making a Good Investment and Encourage my Heart Link Up

I have a confession to make............ I really like "Antiques Roadshow."  I mean a lot.  My husband and I have an unspoken competition every time we watch to see who can appraise the antiques the best.  My hubby is freakishly good at this.  He "wins" almost every time we watch it.

Tonight however the show is a flashback episode, so not only do they show what the antiques were appraised for in 1997, but they show the values today.  

It's fun to watch what collectibles have gone up in value, and what has dropped.  There was one particular miniature statue that nearly tripled in value, and another antique table that nearly doubled. It's worth was between 200K -300K in 1997 and now perhaps up to 600K!!

But for every great investment, there were many antiques and collectibles that went down in value, some significantly.  One Item for example decreased in worth from several thousand dollars to only several hundred. (I'm trying not to ruin things by saying what the items are in case any of you are geeks like me and enjoy watching.)

When it comes to antiques and collectibles, it's anybody's guess what a good investment will be.  Collectors passions change, things become hot and then cold in an instant, and of course the economy in general changes.  What is worth $10,000 today might be worth $400 tomorrow.

There is one investment however that never loses value, and that is the wisdom of Christ and His Word. It hasn't changed, and it never will.

Proverbs 8:11 says, "For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it."

So if you're looking to make a good investment, make it in the wisdom of the Word of God.

Now it's time to link up your encouraging posts.  I'll be sharing some on my facebook page again this week.  You're not a facebook fan of mine yet?  Well what are you waiting for?



Will you learn along with me? Let's encourage one another.
I'd love for you to sign up for e-mail updates or follow me on Facebook.
And to see the lovely places where I link click here.  

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Great post! My husband & I love to search for "treasures" at garage & estate sales, then search online afterwards to see if we got a deal! But you can't take any of it with you, so we are much better off storing up our treasures in Heaven!
    Thanks for the great post and for hosting the linkup!
    God bless,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!