Friday, March 23, 2012

Praying for Potty Training


Okay, maybe it's just me, but I certainly don't feel funny praying about potty training.  In fact I think prayer is a very important element in potty training.

Potty training is hard, as a parent you are completely out of control.  You can't just make your child "go."

I need prayer, as a mother.  I need to keep my attitude in check and a permanent smile on my face no matter what happens to my new carpet.

My children need it.  Potty training is incredibly frustrating for our kids too!  Being made to sit down when you could be running around (outside) having fun.

Oh and wisdom.  Boy do I ever need wisdom.  Yesterday we had gone an entire day with only one success, and I kept praying for wisdom.  That night I went to the thrift store while my husband watched the kids.  I bought a GIANT stuffed bunny.  When I brought it home we had two "big" successes.  That was God's wisdom, not my own.  I probably would have kept trying the M&M's, but apparantly my daughter needed something huge and fluffy to motivate her.

And finally, I definitely pray that God will make the transition to big girl panties and smooth and as speedy as possible.

We're on day 3, and I'll take all the prayers you can send me.  Any tips?  If we're successful, I'll post exactly what I did in a few days.


To stay up to date, and have access to my free e-book  Subscribe or  Like Lessons from Ivy 
And to see the lovely places where I link click here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!