Thursday, March 22, 2012

Our Help is Coming (Psalm 121:2)


My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:2 KJV

I read this post by Sarah Mae yesterday at "Stretching Into the Blue" and like so many of her posts it blessed me.  Particularly these sentences:

"Facebook statuses and blog posts where everyone's children are happy and cute an "hahahaha" are just the pretty side of the painting.  The art is beautiful, but creating it is messy, and time consuming, and painstaking."

These sentences so resonate with me because my primary ministry right now is motherhood.  There are moments when I am "serving" that all I can say is "Help me Lord!"  (And apparently I say that quite a bit because I've actually heard my oldest repeat this prayer when trying to get toys unstuck from various places, but that's a different blog post.)

Being a mother, wife, teacher, writer, church song-leader or whatever other hat I might be wearing at the moment is hard.  God didn't call us to easy cushy lives though.  God called us to serve and live for Him.

He called us to pursue his Kingdom, and die to self so that others may know him.  It should be our hearts cry and burden that we see people know Jesus.

But it's hard, serving is hard.  And whether we're serving our families, serving our churches, or serving on the foreign mission-field, IT'S HARD.

But our help comes.  And it comes from none other than the Creator of the universe Himself.  And as I struggle in the midst of my daily battles I lift mine eyes to the hills, and I see Him coming.



To stay up to date, and have access to my free e-book  Subscribe or  Like Lessons from Ivy 
And to see the lovely places where I link click here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!