Thursday, December 15, 2011

Someone Smells like Fish

I had a moment last night where I was getting slightly overwhelmed, I had just found out my husband was going to work an extra hour every Thursday.

I could have been thankful for a little bit of extra money, but my immediate response wasn't gratitude it was tears of frustration.

Didn't God realize, I wouldn't be able to handle my kids for one more hour, the hardest hour of the day without my husband's help?  Didn't he realize this was too much for me to handle, and I'm extremely overwhelmed as it is?

Of course God realized it would be hard, but that's why I need to depend on him.  As I started to calm down I turned to scripture, the only Bible near me was my Bible in a year, and guess whose story was on yesterday's page, Jonah's.

That's right King of complaining, Jonah.  The prophet who was called to God's service, and said "why me?" The prophet who wanted to serve God in his own way, and not where God had call him. Talk about convicting. And then I came to these words:

"When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple. They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD." Jonah 2:7-9




Buy at Art.com



Yes, this season of life is hard, there are going to be days when my husband needs to work late, there will be days where I need extra help and it's not to be found, but this is where God has called me


I can have Jonah's whiny "why me" attitude or I can offer a prayer, and a sacrifice of thanksgiving.  We are so blessed, with our family.  What we are doing has an eternal purpose.  Satan would like nothing more than for me to take on Jonah's attitude rather than make an effort to thank God for his goodness.


It turned out my husband didn't need to work an extra hour tonight, although he probably will next week. I was grateful to have him home, but I'm not dreading next week. I will serve God however He calls.




A Little Coaxing
Buy From Art.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!