Friday, January 4, 2013

In Which I have a Confession


So I have a bit of a confession to make, and if you've been following my blog for some time you already know this.  Lately however I've gotten a lot of new visitors so I just want to take a minute to tell all you ladies (and the few brave men that read this blog) something.  Are you ready?  Here it is:

Homemaking is really hard for me.

There I said it.  So don't let the eBooks fool you, I don't have everything figured out, in fact far from it.  When I first got married I taught at the college I graduated from and was got a very successful start in a sales career.  I was a college educated woman who could teach and sell pretty well.  So surely after I decided to stay at home full time, homemaking would fall right into place, right?

HA HA HA HA HA!

So why do I tell you that homemaking is hard for me? Because it's probably hard at times for you too.  There are times when the work and toil that go along with a family can become nearly suffocating.  And worse yet is the doubt that enters your mind, the nagging fear that you aren't a good enough wife or mom.

But I've chosen to live and make my home in freedom and by the Grace of God.  Perfection is simply too high a standard to live by.  If you come to my home, my cupboards won't be sparkling, my floor might need mopping, my closets will be in need of organizing and my windows won't always be streak free.  I pay bills late sometimes because my desk isn't organized, I don't have a "home management binder", I almost never complete my to-do list and there are the days where I'm in pajamas until noon.

But I pray there will always be love in my home and lot's of it.  Love in the home is the most important thing, everything else is just a preference.

Yes, I'm a freezer cook, but trust me you needn't be impressed by it.  I freezer cook because it keeps my kitchen cleaner and I spend far less time in the kitchen overall, not because I'm a Martha Stewart prodigy.

Everyone is looking for a formula to make managing a home easier.  There are binders, eBooks, methods, and let's not forget Pintrest.  In the end it's your choice and your preference how you run your home.

It's your choice to spend time organizing every nook and crany of your house or spend that time making meals ahead of time.  It's your choice to spend time vacuuming every day or spending that time doing something else.

If you're homemaking by the Grace and Wisdom (note the capital letters) then you're doing well.  Don't be hard on yourself because homemaking isn't easy for any of us.  Fortunately we needn't depend on our own strength.

I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.

If you've read the ABC's of Freezer Cooking and enjoyed it, would you mind taking a moment and leaving a quick review on Amazon?  Positive reviews are invaluable to a new author like me.  And if you haven't read it yet, it's just $.99 right now.


If You're Blessed Here
Sign Up For Free Updates and get your eBooks : )


Delivered by FeedBurner