Tuesday, January 22, 2013

How To Be Sure God Hears Your Prayers


I have a free eBook for you today, there will be more information at the bottom of the post.



Yesterday I shared how a fire almost started in my daughters' bedroom, and how truly blessed we were that my husband, on a lark went in to check on them and discovered a burning stuffed animal.  I truly believe my husband went in to check on them because God was answering our ongoing prayer for their protection.

God's power shines through the prayers of fervent parents pouring their souls at His throne.  But  God cannot use prayers that He cannot hear. He cannot answer a prayer that does not reach His throne.

Sin separates man from the Lord, and there is no deed good enough that can earn our favor in his eyes. We can follow all the “rules” of Christianity but our righteousness is like a filthy rag in the eyes of the Lord.

It is only through the Grace of Jesus and His forgiveness that we can be assured the Lord hears our petitions. It is only through accepting Christ’s redeeming sacrifice that we can be saved, live a life more abundant, become a New Creation, and be assured of an eternity in heaven.

Take a minute to ask yourself these questions:

Is the Lord hearing my prayers?
Have I accepted God’s grace through the sacrifice of His son?
Am I ensured that one day I will go to heaven?

If the answer to any of these questions is no, then make your heart right with God this very moment! There is no one who can get to heaven on their own good works. Even if you did as many good deeds as Mother Theresa they wouldn’t be enough to get you to heaven. It is Christ’s sacrifice that earns us our place in God’s family and earns us a right to bring our petitions and prayers before the King.


My husband could have just as easily ignored the inclination to go check on our children the other night, and we could have faced a horrible house fire that took one, or all of our lives. No one is guaranteed tomorrow. Make your heart right today.

Romans 5:8, 
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 10:13 
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Romans 10:9,10 
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

What Must I Do To be Saved?

If you don’t have the peace that Christ provides, you, if you don’t know of his sweet forgiveness, it’s only a prayer away. That prayer is as simple as this:

Dear Lord,
I know that I am a sinner, but I believe you sent your Son to die for my sins. I also believe that you raised him from the dead, and ask now to be forgiven of my sins. Thank you Lord for saving me.
Amen.

There is no greater thing in this world than accepting his forgiveness.  Accepting Christ is the first step in our Christian walk, I encourage you if you're not in a Bible believing and teaching church to find one in your area. Christ never promised us an easy walk, but fellowship with other believer and regular teaching of the Word certainly helps.


If you'd like me to pray for you drop me an e-mail at lessonsfromivy (at) gmail (dot) com.


Enter Your E-mail and Get Your eBooks:

Delivered by FeedBurner