Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Dangerous Doctrines, eBook Sale, and a Link Up

I recently started getting very frustrated about the subtle doctrines that were slipping into many of the Christian books I'd been reading.  From salvation through works, to compromise on the book of Genesis, all the way to pantheism, more than one "Christian" book I've read recently has deeply disappointed me.

In one of my doctrine courses I took in college our professor stressed how important solid doctrine is in the lives of Christians.  There are seasons in each of our lives where our emotions will take center stage, where we question God and wonder where he is.  If our doctrine is strong and we have scripture to combat our doubts and fears then the seasons of pain needn't derail our faith.

By far the worst doctrine I've seen pop up in some Christian books is that "God CAUSES pain for a purpose."  THIS IS NOT TRUE! God did not cause sin, therefore he doesn't cause the pain, death, or suffering that sin brings.  God does not CAUSE pain, but he can USE pain for a purpose.

I don't pretend to have all of my Doctrinal t's crossed and i's dotted, but this is one of the main reasons why I write.  My greatest desire is to walk alongside other women in their faith and be a blessing.  This is one of the reasons I always make my eBooks free before I put them on sale (also one of the reasons why you should be a subscriber  : )  )   

I encourage you to grab my newest eBook that will be free through the month of November.  And stay tuned for a sale announcement!


I've decided while this blog hop is still growing, just to add on to the link up from last week.  So please link up again and link up as many posts as you'd like!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner