Friday, September 21, 2012

Un-Plugged!

It's easy to "check out" in the evening after the kids have gone to bed.

It's a lot easier to switch on the TV and watch something of little value than open the Word of God and do my annual reading.

It's a lot easier to laugh at a comedy writer's stupid jokes than open my home-binder and plan tomorrow.

It's a lot easier to surf channels than write, edit, and complete the eBook I've been stalling to finish.

It's a lot easier to let the television fill my room with noise than a conversation with my husband.

It's easier, but it's not better.  I was going to write a  post today about feeling overwhelmed.  As I was writing it in my mind however I suddenly realized that I've been letting a free month's subscription to Netflix rob me of my time.  It happened so easily too.

Am I watching more than the average American?  No, in fact I'm watching far less, but it's still simply too much for me.  I have far better things to do, and far more important things to do.

Having a peaceful home because I carefully planned my day is invaluable and having a closer walk with God because I spent time in His word is eternal.

At the end of my day after getting all 3, 3 and under in bed my body and spirit cry out for rest.  My brain just wants to stop working!  Checking out however doesn't help me in the long run.  It only helps me for a few moments, but it does nothing for my soul, it does nothing to help my home.

So tonight after the kids go to bed, I'm doing something worthwhile.  It won't be easy but it will be worth it.

" I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phil 4:12-13


Will you learn along with me? Let's encourage one another.
I'd love for you to sign up for e-mail updates or follow me on Facebook.
And to see the lovely places where I link click here.