Tuesday, August 14, 2012

When You Feel Like Screaming

Yesterday I screamed.  There are times every mother feels like screaming.  Screaming in frustration, screaming in anger, or just screaming out of despair.  There are so many different women who have written about how overwhelmed they feel as mother's and how desperate their hearts are.

My children are at three very distinct very amazing stages of development, but they are all easily frustrated in their own right.  No matter how much I discipline and love on them though there are days when my house is just filled with their frustration, which of course rubs off.

The behavior of my children is completely normal, but it doesn't mean that it's easy to deal with.  It doesn't mean that it's easy to show God's grace and love to my little ones.   It doesn't mean that there aren't times when I'm not overwhelmed.

But yesterday when all three of my kids were all crying for three different reasons, I screamed myself.  Not at my children, but for God to just help me.  By "help me" I of course wanted him to make it stop, but that's not what happened.

After I let out a scream of complete and utter frustration I bent down to my youngest and I saw something.

As I pulled myself together and he looked at me slightly confused and still very sad I saw eternity in his eyes. And then I realized a few things.

I realized the potential that these little souls had to serve and love God.
I realized there were people they would be able to reach with the Gospel that I would never know.
I realized God wants to use my children just as he wants to use me.
I realized that even though I'm overwhelmed I'm serving the Lord by serving my children.
I realized God wants me to be successful and will help me.
I realized that the enemy wants me to be overwhelmed, he wants me to be tied up in the tantrums, he wants me to be without hope, because my children are eternal, and they're made in the image of God.  And the enemy hates it.

 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.  
We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 
 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; 
Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body....... 
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:7-10,17-18

So when you feel like screaming, for whatever reason, remember you serve an eternal God with an eternal purpose greater and more magnificent than you can ever imagine.  Be encouraged today if you serve the Lord, because he has given us most marvelous promises.

I would love to hear from your heart today, click here to comment.

********************************************************************







Will you learn along with me? Let's encourage one another.
I'd love for you to sign up for e-mail updates or follow me on Facebook.
And to see the lovely places where I link click here.  

Photobucket