Saturday, February 4, 2012

Will I go to heaven one day?



Is heaven for real? Where do good people go when they die? Where do bad people go when they die? Is there life after death?  Will I go to heaven when I die? How can I know for sure? What happens when you die? 

My uncle is gone. After a single phone call I find out he won't be making jokes at anymore family gatherings, he won't be amazing my kid's with his slight of hand, and he won't get to see his son graduate from high school.

He was in a car accident, turning into his own driveway.  There is no way he knew yesterday morning when he woke up it would be his last day on earth.

There is no way his wife knew before he left that it would be the last time she hugged her husband, and there is no way her son knew that he would be spending the rest of his childhood fatherless.

Gone, just that quick.  Gone.

None of us have any guarantee of tomorrow.

We could be gone, in an instant, in a heartbeat.  We could be gone. Without Christ we haven't a hope of heaven.  We're all sinners, none of us deserve heaven.

In his love and goodness though, God has given us all a free gift if only we would accept it before we're gone. We've earned death, but God gives us the gift of salvation through His Son Jesus Christ.

Romans 10:9,10  says, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

My uncle is gone into eternity.  He wasn't expecting it, and yet he's gone.

Everyone will die, will you be ready when your time comes?

Have you confessed to God the Lord Jesus?  Have you believed in your heart that God raised him from the dead?

If you haven't won't you be saved today? 

Revelation 3:20 says "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

I don't know how you wound up on this website, but God brought you here, he's knocking on the door of your heart.  He's speaking to you.  Be saved.  Lay down your stubbornness and pride and be saved.

Christians, we have such a responsibility for evangelism.  Our friends, our family, our co-workers, those in foreign lands we've never even met.  Those precious souls, those precious people, the mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters could be gone, gone in an instant. Will they know of Christ when that time comes?

Will you be there to tell them?


To stay up to date, and have access to my free e-book  Subscribe or  Like Lessons from Ivy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!