Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Capturing a Moment

There are times when I wish I had the ability to draw better, write better,or take a picture better in order  to capture a perfect moment.

Last night before her bedtime when our family got home from church Ivy immediately ran into our family room where all her toys that have been boxed up for the past few months now reside.  So recently re-united with all her lost friends she can hardly choose who she wants to play with when given an opportunity.  Last night she settled on a bouncing Tigger, a rabbit that plays the saxophone, classic Winnie the Pooh, and Buzz Lightyear.

Before starting her night time routine  I just had to take a moment and watch the world she was creating with her toys.  No worries, no fears, just a moment of joy and an intricatly created adventure from the imagination of an almost three year old.

Had I a camera in my hands, I might have been able to take a picture of what she was "doing" but not the love and innocence that flows from my sweet little girl.  Drawing the scence is simply out of the question because stick figures just don't capture real life.  Even now as I read what I've written, the beauty of the moment isn't captured in my words.

So I'll need to be content with capturing a picture in my heart and treasuring the memory for as long as long as it lasts, and praying for many more like it.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!