Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Being an Encouragement

Colossians 3

 1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where
 Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
 3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
 4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear,
 then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
 5Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth;
fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence,
and covetousness, which is idolatry:
 6For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
 7In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
 8But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy,
filthy communication out of your mouth.
 9Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off
the old man with his deeds;
 10And have put on the new man, which is renewed in
knowledge after the image of him that created him:


Like so many other women I have encountered in the world of blogging God has placed a need on my heart to write.  It is so wonderful to be able to minister to hearts in this way, and I take my sacrifice to God very seriously.  If I had to choose a single word about what God has laid on my heart to write it would be "Encouragement."

I'm really praying about my blog posts I'm writing for next week.  I got a little convicted as I was driving yesterday about the subject I need to write on, it won't be easy or popular, but I feel strongly about writing a series of posts next week.  I've been shying away from this particular topic because I've tried to keep this blog both God honoring and encouraging. In my pursuit of being encouraging I may have missed it's true meaning.

 I've worried that writing on this particular subject would be too discouraging, however in my reading I came across the root meaning of the word encourage and it opened my eyes to what it means to be an encouragement.  Encourage literally means to fill with courage.  It can be difficult to follow hard after Christ, hopefully what I write will fill some hearts with courage to follow after Christ and live life more passionately in Him.  

What I'm planning to write next week may be hard to swallow for some but it is my prayer that it will encourage you to stand up for your convictions, and give you added confidence to boldly proclaim the truth of God.  On the surface the posts may not necessarily be upbeat however, they will hopefully be the true meaning of encouragement.

Now for the favor, pray for me as I plan these posts, and be sure to subscribe so you don't miss any.  I truly feel God's working in my heart at the moment to write this series, you'll have to come back next week to find out what I'll be writing on, I'm still a little leery about mentioning the topic just yet.

Posts In this Series
Why I'm writing this
A Life Worth Saving
What the Bible Says

2 comments:

  1. Although my posts on my personal blog are more family oriented of late, I too try to be an encouragement to readers. But encouragement doesn't always come in the form of 'upbeat' messages. Often the most encouraging posts I read are the ones telling of the writers struggles in various areas. It's an encouragement just to know that we're not alone. Other encouraging posts are in the form of a Bible lesson that may be just what I need to hear.
    My songs on Lyric devotions fall into many different categories, but I hope that some encouragement can be found in each one.
    I look forward to reading your series...whatever the topic....you've got me curious! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be brave-I'm looking forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!