Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Month of Thankfulness, My Vote

"I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD."
Psalm 116:17

This month I'm focusing my personal devotions on Thankfulness. So often I let the holiday of Thanksgiving  rush by me without really having time to be grateful for all the wonderful things God has blessed me with.  Right on the cusp of Christmas, Thanksgiving is often the lesser holiday but a heart of Thankfulness will truly allow us to be ready for celebrating God's greatest blessing, the gift of His Son.


The Bible often describes thanksgiving as a sacrifice, and many times offering our gratitude does require a measurable amount of effort. For example, I'm so grateful for the right to vote in this country.  We're not lead by a cruel dictator, or emperor.  This country is lead by elected officials the populace chooses.  We may get people in Washington that we don't agree with but someone who is a true "crazy" (Think Nero burning down Rome) would never last.  God has given us a wonderful protection in this way.

For me just to say I'm grateful for my vote however without, any action does not show true gratefulness.  It would be easy for me to make my excuses, after all I have 2 small children.  Getting them to the precinct during the day is next to impossible and who wants to vote late at night? It certainty isn't ideal, but my husband and I will be doing the kid shuffle tonight just so we can both get out to vote.  It isn't enough for us to pay lip service about our gratitude for living in such a great country.  We need to show it today in our votes.

I'm Sharing my Month of Thankfulness Here:

http://southbreezefarm.blogspot.com/2010/10/2010-giving-thanks-challenge.html

1 comment:

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!