Monday, November 15, 2010

Month of Thankfulness, My Husband and Saving Money

My thankfulness list of 10 things a day got stopped dead in it's track this past week as I was suffering from a cold and a bad case of the grumps.  Unfortunately for me I didn't keep up with my list because I think it would have greatly improved my attitude.  Next week I'll post  my continuing list but today I'd like to say I'm  thankful for my husband and saving money.

Without being overly sappy in regards to my husband I am so blessed it's not even funny.  Yesterday for example I got it in my head we were going to get our family to do our Christmas photos.  I refuse to go back to a studio, because even when you come armed with a coupon that says you can get a great package for only $12.95 you wind up spending $90.  (And have you noticed the photographers always refuse to tell you how much the pictures are costing as you add them to your order, they're very sneaky!) 

At any rate, my parents had bought the girls adorable Christmas dresses, and I am going to do my best to do a Christmas card this year , so it seemed like the perfect time to do photos.  Needless to say my husband was a very good sport about everything, including getting draped in black cloth in order to take a better photo of our youngest.  He looked like some sort of black ghost sitting in the middle of our living room.  (Our dog wasn't sure what to do.)

We got 2 very cute pictures of the girls that I'm very happy with.  Trying to get a picture of the whole family was of course another story.  I think out of 20 photos and photoshop I might be able to come up with something workable but we'll see.  It will be better than spending $90 that's for sure!  All in all I'm sure my husband put up with our little photo shoot because he knew how much money we would be saving, but also because, quite frankly I'm married to a really great guy.






3 comments:

  1. She looks so precious and you took a great picture. The black cloth was really a great idea and puts all the focus on her.

    When my kids were little occasionally we got a couple of free portraits somewhere, and we faithfully went and got the free pictures. We didn't buy any of the others, which means you are stuck with it if you don't like it, lol!

    We stopped doing the formal ones when the kids were still little, which means we have no "formal" portraits but lots of informal pictures over the years, which I like better. Plus, it's cheaper!

    Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those moments can be "maritally challenging" ;) but can also remind us of how great our husbands are. You are a wise woman to realize that letting himself be draped in a black "cape" makes him an award winning hubby! Thanks for sharing these praise worthy words on Marriage Mondays today. And BTW, the photo turned out great! :)

    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're adorable. We had our friend's use a nice digital camera against a backdrop of trees and water for our family photos. This is much less costly than the photographer; and the pictures came out great!

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!