Monday, October 25, 2010

Our Expected End

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Jeremiah 29:11

Last Sunday I checked out a handful of Janette Oke books from the library.  I'm on a "Western" kick right now and have really been enjoying the Love Comes Softly series and the Prairie Legacy series which is a continuation of the first.  I would highly recommend both to anyone, I first read "Love Comes Softly" in high school, but had never read any of the other books in the series and I re-fell in love with all the characters.

My problem is however I've read 3 books in the Prairie Legacy series in rapid succession but have not gotten my hands on book 4, Like Gold Refined.  I made the mistake of reading the book description on Amazon, and now I know just enough to put me in a panic about what will happen to my beloved characters.  There is a part of me that is so eager to find out what happens, I'm willing to find a synopsis somewhere on the world wide web.  I'm sure I could find one in a matter of seconds, but then I find out the end before going on the journey.  The book, when I do read it wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable, the journey is what makes it a delight.

Our life is like that, we pine for an ending before being willing to go on a journey.  We desire what will be one year, five years, or ten years from now rather than enjoying the present.  Like characters in a book however, the author of our lives already knows how everything will end, and like Jeremiah says his plans for us are of peace not evil.  Of that we can rest assured.

Be Sure to Check out the World's Best Christmas Gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!