Saturday, October 2, 2010

Jesus, Help Me.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Self-sufficency doesn't cut it, or so I'm learning.  Every time I try to do something of my own strength I get discouraged, overwhelmed or depressed.  From housecleaning, to cooking, to mothering, and loving my husband: I need God.  Weakness in general is looked down upon in society, but I am quite content to say, "I can't do it on my own!! I need help."

I'm having a party at my house today and the type A personality in me is ready to run off and start the day without praying, but now it's time to slow down and get in touch with the Lord before things get crazy.  I'm so glad to know I have His help.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kasey, thanks for visiting me at (In)courage today. I so relate to your post. I have a party tomorrow and i really need to remember those words too! Thanks again for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!