Monday, September 27, 2010

Dragon Fight


Job 40:15 "Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee."


Our teen Sunday School class is doing a study on Creationism and its importance to the Gospel. Last week lesson was on dinosaurs. It really resonated with them and they were getting pretty excited about the lesson. Needless to say I've had big lizards on the brain.

My husband and I were talking about dinosaurs in the car today and how it's ridiculously naïve not to believe that they at one time lived with man. My thoughts aren't cohesive enough to make an argument for this case today, but if you don't believe me a fantastic resource is http://www.answersingenesis.org/ . What really blew my mind was thinking about those who witnessed a real fight between two dinosaurs, particularly flying dinosaurs and how terrifying it must have been for those in the vicinity. No wonder we hear tales of knights slaying dragons, no one wanted to live with them around.

I remember as a child how drawn I was to dinosaurs and dragon stories. I remember a phase where I had many of the names memorized. I used to fantasize about an island being discovered where there were still dinosaurs or a real life Jurassic Park. How exciting it is to be a Christian and have the hope of seeing these fantastic creatures in a restored world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!