Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Making Time For God Even When Life Is Crazy

Does life ever get crazy for you?
My mother drew this doodle of me, apparently I’ve been emanating stress lately.
  • Facebook
    0
  • Twitter
    0
  • Google+
    0
  • Pinterest
    0
  • Print Friendly
    0
It would be so easy to just forget quiet time, to forget making time for God, to just not add one more thing to my day.  But I just can’t.
 And he spake a parable unto them, can the blind lead the blind? Shall they not both fall into the ditch? The disciple is not above his master: but everyone that is perfect shall be as his master. Luke 6:39-40

Quiet Time Is Necessary Because Our Children Will Become Like Us

There are times when I feel like I’ve just messed up so badly with my children.  I’ve at times been an angry mom, and at times I’ve certainly been unfair.
I wonder if I’m being too permissive with my three year old who lately cries at the drop of a hat.  I knowingly avoid the things that I know will trigger tantrums, but then I wonder if I’m doing her a disservice by not allowing her to learn how to “get over it.”
Second guessing yourself is the game mothers play.
We second guess the so called experts, we second guess advice coming from family, and we second guess ourselves.
We’re constantly wondering if our children will turn out well, and if they will have hearts for the Lord.
I need to be in Christ, so my children will learn that they need to be in Christ.  If I want to see my children grow up with a love of scripture they need to see me (and my husband) in the Word of God daily.  They need to see us in prayer daily.

Making time for prayer and devotion must be a priority now so it will be a priority for our children later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!