Thursday, January 17, 2013

Let The Lord Fight Your Battles


"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8:1-2


God isn't surprised by the fact that we will occasionally fail.  Not only isn't he not surprised by the fact, but he doesn't condemn us for it either.  If we are covered by the Grace of Christ we are truly free from the bondage of sin.

We shouldn't be hard on ourselves when we don't live up to our goals or our ideals.  We all will inevitably fail at times.  This prayer particularly blessed me from the book Desperate.  (Which I highly recommend).

"Lord I want to be your girl and I want to please you with all that I am and all that I have.......I know that I am not enough, but you and I together are what my children need.  Lord, fill in where I am inadequate.  I know that you are my source of wisdom and strength, and my success."

I've been spending a lot of my reading time in the Old Testament lately, and there is a huge reoccurring theme when it comes to the battles that are fought by the Israelites.

When it seems like the odds are stacked against them, when it seems like there is absolutely no hope, when there is no way they can win on their own, God fights and wins the battle.

Our battles are different today, but God will still fight them for us if we only allow Him.  Has God fought any battles for you lately?  




If You're Blessed Here
Sign Up For Free Updates : )


Delivered by FeedBurner