Tuesday, October 30, 2012

4 Pumpkin Recipes and How To Roast a Pumpkin



We've never carved Jack-O-Lanturns as a family, because quite frankly their origins creep me out.  I pass no judgement if your family celebrates Halloween, but mine doesn't.  Partly because of the pagan origins, partly because my children are young and prone to nightmares, partly because my husband is a minister, and partly because the "things of darkness" don't help my anxiety any.  I have enough to worry about without inviting goblins and ghosts on my doorstep even if they are just polyester.

With that being said, what type of mother would I be if my children never had the thrill of hacking open a pumpkin and playing with it's stringy guts?  Jack-O-Lanterns are not the only thing pumpkins are good for.

I've stopped thinking of pumpkins as decorations and started thinking of them as food, and wonderful food at that.  Once you've had a pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, or pumpkin butter made with freshly roast pumpkin you'll never buy the canned stuff again.

You can read my old post with directions on how to roast a pumpkin.

And be sure to check out some of my recipes:


My Too Good to Be True 70 Calorie, Gluten Free, Reduced Sugar Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Waffles
Pumpkin Butter
Pumpkin Cookies

Now it's time for our weekly link up.  Everyone who links up will get Pinned and a Facebook share = )

Feel free to link up multiple times, anything related to homemaking or  anything encouraging.  Please note, because of spammers I require a link-back somewhere in your post or on your homepage.  An easy way to do this is to simply put my button on your side bar or in your post.












Be Sure To Follow Me On Pintrest So You Can See Your Pin!


Will you learn along with me? Let's encourage one another.
I'd love for you to sign up for e-mail updates or follow me on Facebook.
And to see the lovely places where I link click here.