Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mad Dash Cleaning Spree


Yesterday was one of those blah days.  I was overwhelmed with my to-do list and my husband had a men's Bible study which meant my evening would mean time alone.

I accomplished some minor goals.  I uploaded some pictures to be edited and set up my sewing table but my day wasn't going anywhere.

Then, I got the phone call..........

Some students of mine were coming over.  Eeeeeek!  It was a blah day, people aren't supposed to come over on blah days!  Lunch dishes still on the table, toys strewn about, carpet in DESPERATE need of vacuuming.

So for the next twenty minutes I CLEANED!!!  And I had my three year old clean with me.  I definitely got in my cardio yesterday because I flew around my house trying to make it look presentable for the 2 minutes that they would be standing in my living room.

Nothing like a panicking cleaning spree to snap you out of inaction.

My husband and I are in a season of planting right now, and it's sometimes so frustrating.  We're so close to full time ministry and yet we're not there yet.  So I busy myself with little projects waiting for God to bring the increase.

We won't see the result of many of our daily tasks for years, but the results will come.  Our efforts do add up even when we don't feel like they are.

Lord help me plant today.  Help me have joy in planting, and faith that a harvest is coming.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9




Sale Ends Monday April 28 2014, be sure to check out all the details!


Sign Up and For Lessons From Ivy's Free Newsletter  
And Get Instant Free Access To 5 eBooks
And Nearly 100 Pages of Free Printables

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!