Monday, January 2, 2012

Noble and Pure Things on Which to Think



"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
Phillipians 4:8

I've tried starting this post several times, and the words I want just are not coming.  So I'll keep my words simple.  It doesn't matter how many negative things we eliminate from our thoughts if we aren't replacing them with the true, honest, just, pure, lovely, and things of good report, we haven't finished the job.
So as we enter a new year let's resolve not only to eliminate those thoughts of the world and the flesh but let us meditate on the things of God.  Let's be in constant prayer, and let's put him first in our day.
I challenge you to think on scriptures.  Write some of them out an put them where you will see them and be reminded of them throughout the day.  Think on the good things of God and not the things of the world, allow your heart to be overflowing with his promises so it is God's goodness that spills over and not resentment, frustration, ungratefulness, or other sins we think  are secret.


1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful . 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither ; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper . 4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away . 5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish .
Psalm 1


19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 4:19


33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer ; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33


7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1 Peter 5:7


12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born , not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God
John 1:12-13


I hope you'll read the rest of the posts in this series if you haven't already.

To stay up to date, and have access to my free e-book  Subscribe or  Like Lessons from Ivy (click on the welcome tab on my Facebook page to get the book)

Also, I am looking for some guest posters this month as I try to finish writing a book for the course I'm teaching next semester.  My only request is that you be willing to allow me to guest post on your blog a later date.  If you're interested please e-mail me at joyful kasey at gmail dot com.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!