Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Book Review: Sherman

If you have a Civil War buff in need of a gift this book is fabulous!  It's biographical, however Sherman is such an interesting subject the book is anything but boring.  It is also written at what I would consider a High School reading level but dives into College level history.  So you get all the fascinating history without the need to stop every 3 minutes and look up words in a dictionary.

If you're in need of supplemental material for a Civil War unit in your classroom (home school or otherwise) this book might spark an interest in history.

I give this book 4 1/2 stars. The only reason why it doesn't get the fifth is because I have a hard time believing this book will appeal to non-history buffs.

I was given a free copy of this book from www.booksneeze.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!