Tuesday, May 3, 2011

If He Smells Like Strawberries, Don't Trust Him!!

Disney / Pixar Toy Story 3 Exclusive 15 Inch Deluxe Plush Figure Lots O Huggin Bear


My husband and my day off yesterday consisted of running errands.  First we toted the kids to the tuxedo store, only to find my husband wasn't measured properly and his jacket did not fit, good thing we went on Monday instead of waiting for the day before my sister's wedding.  I am however getting progressively more annoyed with this particular chain of stores.
After a stop at the tuxedo store we went out to eat at Big Boy's and both my husband and I got their burger bar, which in my opinion is the most fabulous idea since gluten free sliced bread.  Needless to say I ate far too much, but I didn't use the buns, so therefore I'm healthy right? The really exciting part was that both of my girls were willing to eat a few bites of meat! 
Next it was off to the mall to get haircuts, one for my shaggy husband and a first one for Ivy.  Unfortunately I only had a film camera so pictures will have to be scanned after I develop them. But we went to one of those salons with Disney movies playing on TV's and ponies, or cars for the kids to sit on.  Things actually went well, unfortunately my daughters cowlick seems to be un-fixable, she did get a balloon and sucker out of the deal so all was not lost : )
Now for the cute part: We stopped in the Disney store, "just to look." On one of their giant stuffed toy pyramids I saw a stuffed Lotso from "Toy Story 3."   For those of you who haven't seen the movie, he's the villain, and there is an ongoing joke that he smells like strawberries, even after winding up in the trash.  Of course I picked him up and smelled him, sure enough strawberries, this made me smile. Ivy was standing next to her father and couldn't see what I was holding, and I called her over to take a whiff. She started walking over big smile on her face, but the second she got near enough to see what I was holding  her eyes got wide, and she turned tail and hid behind her father's legs.  It's a shame, because he really is a cute cuddly little bear. 
Isn't that what sin is sometimes like though?  A fluffy package that smells like strawberries, with nothing apparently evil about it?  Our reaction to sin should be just like my daughter's to Lotso, we need to run, no matter how appealing it may seem. I wonder how many of those stuffed toys the store actually sells.
"Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart."
2 Timoty 2:22






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!