Friday, April 8, 2011

A Must Read

Regret Free Parenting by Catherine Hickman is a must read for all Christian moms out there.  The cover of the book promises to instruct one to "Raise Good Kids, and Know You're Doing it Right."  It is a bold promise but Hickman backs it up with scripture and her expertise as a liscensed psychotherapist.

The crux of her book is simple, we must be intentional parents and we must seek God in everything we do as parents.  If we're seeking God we can be free of "Mommy guilt" because we can be assured he is guiding our steps.

This isn't a fluffy book, and it's not even a how-to book, it's a book that lays out godly encouragement for parents who want to raise their children to follow after God.  Unfortunately like most Christian books today, this one uses weaker and paraphrase translations of the Bible.  Normally in my reviews I would knock off one star for this reason and this reason only, but this book is so good it deserves 5 stars regardless.  This is a book definitely worth buying. I was provided a free copy of this book through booksneeze.com, I was not required to write a positive review.

2 comments:

  1. Hi kasey, I am stopping by from the Friday blog hop! Love reading book reviews and this one sounds like a good one. thanks for sharing. please stop by and say hello! blessings to you. I have 5 children under the age of 10, so I am in the mommy trenches with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review "Regret Free Parenting". I'm humbled that it spoke to you and I hope it will continue to speak to your family as you continue your parenting journey. Looking forward to helping you to help raise your kids!
    Always,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!