Tuesday, February 15, 2011

3 Minute Microwave Cakes

This recipe is for when you don't want to make a huge cake (maybe because you'll eat it all........) or when you just want something sweet in a hurry.  It's a great starter recipe too for our burgeoning little homemakers and a great recipe to use for those little chocolates we get on Valentines day.  It works well with Gluten Free Cake mix or the regular flour varieties.

  • 1/2 cup plus 2 tbs of cake mix any flavor (I use Pamela's gluten free chocolate cake, by far the best Gluten Free mix in my opinion)
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tbs oil or melted butter

Combine ingredients and divide batter between 3 teacups, 2 regular sized coffee cups, or just put it all in one over sized coffee mug and microwave for 3 minutes.  My preference is 3 teacups (I put them all in the microwave together) the first time I made this recipe I put it all in one mug.  It turned out well, but was a HUGE portion of cake.

Fast and Fun, feel free to try these variations:
  • Swirl some peanut butter in with the batter
  • Throw some nuts in
  • Throw some m&m's or baking chocolate in
  • Throw a piece of valentine's chocolate in
  • Add some fresh or frozen fruit
  • Add some Jelly or Jam
I love this recipe because my cake mix is lasting a lot longer than if I just made one cake or cupcakes at the beginning of the week.  (you'll understand why this is great if you've ever bought a bag of Gluten free cake mix and nearly passed out when you looked at the price)   Hope you enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks for sharing, I was trying to think of that 3 min cake just the other day.

    Tracy
    http://tracyscoffeecafe.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!