Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dear God, I don't Need Your Help Today......

I think it's safe to say that no one is a "Super Christian," especially me! This is unfortunately something I have unwittingly "prayed":

Dear God, I'm going to be very busy today, I'm mean super busy! Therefore I will be handling everything on my own.  I will be potty training by myself, changing diapers by myself, teaching my children by myself, disciplining my children by myself, cooking by myself, loving my husband by myself, and cleaning by myself.  I'm sure nothing too "bad" will happen if I attempt to do these things on my own.  Sure my children might get an impatient Mommy who permits them to watch too much T.V. because she just can't handle engaging them.  Sure my husband might get a grumpy wife who has no inclination to show him love at the end of the day, but I'm simply too busy to ask for help or to seek guidance in your Word. 


Any of us would certainly be crazy to verbalize this prayer, but isn't that what we're in essence doing when we don't start out the day in prayer and in God's Word?  I am so very guilty of this. There are days that my prayers and devotions keep getting pushed later and later.  At times I'm finally talking to God during my girls mid day naps, other days it's when my head hits the pillow at night and I realize I haven't so much as said hello to God.


I read Psalm 127 this morning, and boy did I ever get convicted.  Nothing we do is worth anything, if God isn't the center.  

This is my true prayer for the day:

Lord, help me.  Help me in everything.  Be the center of my home today and keep me in your will.