Thursday, December 2, 2010

Facing The Day

There's so much about today I don't want to face, the dishes, the tantrums, the poorly adjusted beagle that will probably get scared and pee in my house at some point, the cat who hasn't learned to scratch on her scratching post, the clutter, the dirty bathrooms, preparing food, and the dirty diapers.  And yet scriptures tell us that the Lord has made this day and we should rejoice and be glad in it. 

It's easy to be glad on Holidays and days where something particularly special is happening, but the days when nothing special happens tend to be overwhelming. This day however does not belong to me, it is the Lord's.  Everything I do should be done so as unto him, and with the same passion as if He were going to join me for dinner tonight.  I certainly wouldn't be sitting around glumly staring at the dishes if that were the case, I'd be doing them!

Something special is going to happen today, there will be air in my lungs, children to play with and a Savior to meet in the quiet moments He will provide.  Yes I will have to face those things I dread, but today will be a good day, because it's a gift from my Lord and I can't wait to unwrap it!

This [is] the day [which] the LORD hath made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24