Friday, November 12, 2010

Month of Thankfulness, My Children's Joy

Lexington Barbecue Festival - Pig balloon | Free Pictures

My heart needed to take a picture because my camera was out of batteries.

Felicity has been sick for the past week and slightly fussier than normal.   She was in the living room sitting in her bouncer seat fussing a little, I was trying to complete something so I could pick her up when Ivy goes over to Felicity and starts playing with her toes.  She would tickle her toes and say "Piggie Piggie Piggie" then tickle her torso saying "Wee Wee Wee Wee!" Ivy did this several times before my ears tuned in to what she was actually saying.  Felicity started giggling like crazy. It was a sweet little moment and I'm so happy to see Ivy playing with her sister.  I was able to stop what I was doing and play with them for a few minutes.

It's somewhat funny, I can't even remember a few days later what the thing I was doing that was so important I couldn't pick Felicity up in the first place, but I'll remember the precious moment I shared with my children for a long time.  Children truly are blessings from God entrusted to us, they teach us things we never knew and show us joy we've forgotten.  I'm so thankful for the joy my children have in their heart and the moments I'm able to share with them.  

Photo Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!