Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Top 10 Reasons to Go to Church

Lately Wednesday evening services have been very difficult for me.  It's past the girls' bedtimes and quite frankly it's hard not to think "I could have just stayed home and listened to them fuss."  Going to church however is far too important for me to skip, and occasionally I have to remind myself of why I'm there, even if I can't hear the message or "be fed" myself.  Over the next few days I want to explore why going to church is important.  But first, the top 10 "lousy" reasons to go to church:


10- So I can go to heaven (See Romans 4:5)

9- I'm less likely to get one of those pesky visits or phone calls from the pastor

8-  To catch up on gossip

7- I'm more likely to get a favor from the pastor

6- So I can get some God Points (in case He keeps score)

5- I want to look righteous

4- It's free babysitting

3- If I go to church once a week I can judge others because I'm soooo righteous

2- 2 words, Pot Luck

1- There's nothing good on TV




Will you learn along with me? Let's encourage one another.
I'd love for you to sign up for e-mail updates or follow me on Facebook.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is good... but where is the real top ten ;o)
    I have enjoyed these posts
    Blessings
    Kaz

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind when commenting, I don't mind differing views but all mean spirited and hateful comments get the ax!