Monday, October 18, 2010

Teaching Future Generations

 I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever. Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.  Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised ; and his greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts.  I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works.

Psalm 145:1-5



What a privilege it is to be able to teach the next generation about God's goodness.  As a parent I have the privilege of being the first person to tell my children about God's grace, miracles, and sovereignty.  Not only is it an honor but it's also a great responsibility.  One I fear I sometimes take too lightly.  This week I hope that I can speak of God's glorious honor and His majesty to my children as I go about my day.  It's my hope and prayer I can draw close enough to God that His praises flow freely from every aspect of my life.